Uncategorised

some thoughts on the hot spot tool

• A high-quality picture is preferential
  • Edit your image BEFORE uploading it for labeling with hotspots
  • I recommend using the portrait mode on your iPhone so you can blur out the surrounding background (use the depth editor and slide it all the way to the negative f-scale)
  • Edit the image by cropping if possible beforehand as well, there are only limited photo editing capabilities within the H5P tool.
  • The size of the hot spot icons is one size only…when you have a few of them located in close proximity, it makes it difficult to tell them apart as separate and distinct.
  • This is a great tool to introduce and familiarize learners with a piece of equipment.
  • Higher-level knowledge and learning outcomes such as “what happens if….?” can be posed in order to move beyond memorization, and towards the integration of concepts.

1. gbryan

Thanks for these tips! I was under the impression that the hotspot content types are not accessible, but after reading your post I reviewed the list more closely and discovered that image hotspots are indeed accessible – it’s the “find hotspot” types that are not.
    Source: https://documentation.h5p.com/content/1290410474004879128